Saturday

December 13, 2008

Today was the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis in Bettendorf, IA. I was running it with Becca. We were a little bummed that the walkers were in an athletic club and I was running outside. I still did pretty well--33 something. I couldn't hear them calling out the times and I can't find the results anywhere. I had forgotten how hilly the Quad-Cities were...I really wish hills weren't so hard on my lungs.

I'm glad I got the run in, but I feel as if I'm loosing running steam. I haven't run near as much as I used to. I keep telling myself that it's ok because I'm between training cycles and that I really do need to rest a little. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it, I mean marathon training does start again in two weeks.

Maybe signing up for a couple of marathons and triathlons in 2009 will help motivate me and keep me from being a slacker...

2 comments:

SuperJuls said...

You're fine to have some down time, try not to fret!
Me? I haven't run in 5 WEEKS and it's been affecting every aspect of my life (including nearly panicking about it last night...and now...breath, breath) Anyhoo, congrats on the jingle time! You're awesome! The awesome sauce never stops a-flowin' for you!

Victoria said...

33 something? You rock Bethie!!!
If you're wanting something to train for sooner, my gym does an indoor triathalon in February. I'm thinking about doing it. Here's the link... my gym is the "Edward" one. http://www.mitcstriathlon.org/