Sunday

November 23, 2008

Ya know how yesterday was the worst 10 miles ever? Yeah, clearly I'm still having issues, because this 10k sucked big fat donkey balls. (Maybe it should be turkey balls this close to Thanksgiving, but I digress.)

This morning was the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot. I met Danielle and Dan. I was truckin' with Danielle at about I 10:00 pace. Then my lungs got tight. I was running with Dan for a few blocks at an 11:00 when my lungs began to hate me. And my hate me, I mean close. Dan could hear my wheezing. I went to the side walk and stopped. It was the first time I seriously considered a DNF. I decided that I would go to the 5k turnaround and see how I felt. At that point I talked myself into finishing, but I felt like I was trying to breathe through a coffee stirrer.

It pretty much sucked ass. Danielle jumped in with me at the end, she even said I didn't sound good, and Dan was pretty worried. Danielle told Dan that she was certain I'd finish, even if I had to crawl... clearly my stubbornness is well known. My Garmin said I had a 1:16:21 finish.I hope my lungs clear up before the 1/2 Marathon in a few weeks.

No comments: