Monday

January 2, 2012

Two days in a row?! *GASPS!*

Yeah, well I worked out two days in a row! Boo-yah!

This morning I thought about running to the gym...and then I looked out the window and saw the wind and snow. Whereas I was injured last year in similar weather, I opted to drive to the gym.

Big. Frickin'. Mistake.

The "Ressies" are back. Those people who feel they are going to make a "lifestyle change" and hog up the gym equipment. Yeah, they'll be gone in a month.

Any who, after waiting 15 minutes for a treadmill, I ran 2 miles. Then I lifted arms and core with Hector. It's nice, after a year of PT, to see the look of surprise on Hector's face when I respond to his question "How much did you run this weekend?" (For the record it was 16.3 miles.) After we lifted, I waited for a treadmill 10 minutes before opting for an open elliptical. I ellipted (is that a word?) the time it would have taken me to run the remaining two miles. I know, I know, elliptical isn't as good as a treadmill, but I really didn't want to wait for a treadmill. And for the record, they didn't open up while I was on the elliptical.

I can't wait for the "Ressies" to go back to their couches.

No comments: