Saturday

October 13, 2007

This morning I headed to Concordia for the Makin' Tracks 5k. MUCH cooler than last weekend, and I ran much better. In fact my first mile split was 10:20! I slowed down after that, however it was a pr pace. I completed the race in just over 35 minutes.

Aside from the time and the first mile spilt, I also loved that I actually passed a bus! There was a bus and a car going idle speed down the race course on one street. I ran passed them! It definitely was a moral victory. I think the people in the bus must have felt that they were in Office Space.

I'm really diggin' the smaller road races because I seem to run much better. For such a small race (there were about 350 participants) I didn't feel that I was any more behind than normal, and the goody bag (complete with a long sleeved tech shirt) was pretty good!

No comments: