Sunday

October 7, 2007

Today was the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee...we had an all chick team called Hell in Heels. I made our very awesome team shirts! Here are the girls...

The first leg was run by Michelle, I ran the second followed by Nichole and Barb was our anchor. Aside from Michelle, who apparently loves the heat and humidity, we did't run very well. Our time was 4:16 with a 9:47 split. It really was brutally ugly to run. (The same day at the Chicago Marathon, they closed the course and someone even died.) I really wasn't feeling well, and it turned out nether was anyone else.

Then sadly, when we walked back to the car, we found this...


Someone actually broke into Michelles truck and stole Nicholes purse! How awful!! And the car was parked on a major street! UGH!! Some people just suck. And further more, the Milwaukee system for filing a report was awful. I was on hold with 911 for 20 minutes. What if that was a life threatening emergency?!?! And the guy on the phone was useless.

The concept of the relay is really cool, and I'm sure I'd do it again, but hopefully under better conditions.

No comments: