Saturday

January 12, 2008

1/2 MARATHON DAY!!!

So, getting up at 3:00 am was not fun. I'm not a fan of waiting at the start for two hours so that all the roads can be closed down. But it was still an awesome race. I, of course, felt the need to run the race wearing Tinkerbell wings and glitter (but does that really surprise anyone?!?!)

Fireworks started the race and my first 5k just flew by. Let me tell you, running through the Magic Kingdom with all the spectators cheering was truly and awesome experience. The back roads of Disney were filled with cast members and characters cheering on the runners. Bands, music and even a gospel choir were there for motivation. My asthma acted up around mile 10, but I walked a little and was able to finish strong.

I completely shattered my time from the last 1/2 marathon. I beat my last half marathon time by 11:57--that's almost a TWELVE MINUTE PR!!! That's HUGE!!

Here's the break down from the race:

Bib Number #31889
Official Time 2:39:02
Clock Time 3:04:12
Chip Time 2:39:02
Overall Place 6547
Gender Place 3208
Division Place 451
Age Grade 41.4%
5K Split 33:28
10K Split 1:09:00
15K Split 1:50:01

I love having the splits, it shows that I really need to work on my endurance, because as the distance gets longer, I get slower. I guess that's normal at this stage. None the less, I'm still pretty freakin' proud of myself!!

3 comments:

Who, me? said...

Way to go!!!

Victoria said...

You freakin' rock girl!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You definitely give me motivation!

Bethie said...

Thanks guys! Your support really does mean the world to me!!