Wednesday

August 1, 2007

The CDC is 12 days away and I'm still freaking out. I keep telling myself that if there's a 4:00 pacer, I'm not going to be the last person crossing the finish line. I'm half tempted to make myself a shirt that says "God, please let there be someone behind me to read this." on the back. Barb said that I have to finish or she'll kick my ass. ('Cuz, that's motivation!)

Ran five miles today (about 600 calories--I love using the on-line estimates to calculate this!) and I worked/lifted my arms until they felt like jello (I'm certian that's an athletic technical term).

I'm actually liking this whole running thing. Sure, at this point 13.1 miles scares the crap out of me, but once I get through it, I'm sure like the 10 miler, I'll be fine. (If only I could get that to sink through the panic mode that's going on in my head!) I also realized that since I signed up for the 1/2 marathon, I've lost more than 10 lbs. Not part of the plan, but not going to complain either. Who knows what will happen by Disney?

No comments: