Tuesday

August 28, 2007

It was my last day before school started and it was gorgeous outside so I went for a nice long run on the Lakefront path. I've never taken the time to drive somewhere to run, so this was a wonderful treat. I ran from Foster to the Lake Front Theatre at Fullerton and back. I was getting tired on the way back so I walked a little (and let's face it, I didn't eat much today). Turns out it was about 9 miles--close to 10 if you count the detours I ran around the tennis courts in north Lincoln Park looking for a bathroom (when you gotta go, you gotta go!).

It's amazing I'm starting to dig these longer runs. I wish I was a little faster, but then I wonder if I'd enjoy them so much. It's so wonderful to take in everything and just enjoy movement. Looking at the water, and the sail boats...even the butterflies flitting around the path. Even with all the crap that's been going on (doctors, bad test results, bad news...ect.) this run definitely reminded me that I'm surrounded by beauty and truly blessed.

No comments: