Saturday

October 25, 2008

I just want you to know, I slept in this morning. Until 9:00 am. I haven't slept that late in more than 20 weeks. Ohmigawd!! It was amazing!! I also lazed around and watched cartoons. If there had been a hot guy in the kitchen cooking me breakfast, bringing me coffee and offering to give me a massage it would have been the perfect morning. (Hey, a girl can dream!)

Any way, I know the reason that you read is to check to make sure I'm actually working out and to laugh at my mishaps and biting sarcasm (not hear my fantasies and profound joy at sleeping in for a change--as fantastic as I may think it is!!). So, I went to the gym and swam. I did 3 sets of 10 lengths freestyle in the pool with 2 lengths backstroke between each set. Total freestyle: 750 yards for a total swim distance of 850 yards. (I still think the pool is 25 yards. If anyone knows different, please let me know!) Then I sat in the sauna. I wanted to steam, but it was way to hot in there...so opted for dry heat.

I was pushing myself on the last ten--not that I've suddenly gotten out of shape or anything, I just haven't swam since August. My tri training has definitely gone to the wayside. I need to get back in to at least swimming over the winter. After all it's good cross training!! Besides, if I can keep it up, maybe I'll stop being so nervous about trying an Olympic Distance Tri next summer. I also realized that I should have gotten my butt on the stair machine. I have the Go Vertical Challenge in 2 weeks...oops! Not that I won't finish the stair climb, I just would do better if I spent some time doing stairs.

No comments: