Saturday

Febrary 21, 2009

OMG! Winter can be done any day now. Really.

Today's long run sucked ass. It snowed all night leaving a good 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground. The run was supposed to be 13 miles. The path was plowed, but there were sections that were so icy that not only I was falling down, but other people in my group were falling too. I mention that because, well, a spade's a spade; sometimes I'm klutzy.

Anywho, we ran fro the Totem Pole at Waveland to North Ave. Danielle and I decided it was too slippery, so we headed back. Our group got water near the parking lot and went north. Before we headed on the second leg, one of the runner's bowed out. I wish I knew which email was his. I wanted to send him a note to see how he was doing. On the way back a second runner was having stomach issues. I felt so bad. I walked/ran with him. He decided that he couldn't finish and quit at 11.5. I was so cold from walking at that point, I just couldn't motivate myself to do the last 1.5 miles (lame, I know).

So, I headed back to the car to wait for Danielle and the last remaining runner who was with her. I'm so proud of both of them for finishing it. I only wish I had the balls to get in that last 1.5. I did know his email and sent him a note to not worry about it and to not let it bother him (or try to make up the mileage).

I guess I should take my own advice and not beat myself up about it either. :(

No comments: