Saturday

February 28, 2009

Long run day on the Lakefront Path. I really wasn't sure how this was all going to go down. I ran only 2 miles during the week and that's just half of one of my required training runs. To top it off, it was windy and cold. And by cold I mean, there were actually sections of the Lakefront Path that were closed off with a police car because the lake was on the path and the conditions were too treacherous.

We headed out on our run taking the streets along Michigan Ave. There was one runner being a complete dick to Danielle and I, telling us that we didn't know what we were doing at the turn around point. It was simply because we had taken a different route that he was getting his tights in a bunch Once we got back we realized that one of our runners was not back. Danielle and I ran back down to see if we could find her. We made it to Belmont and called the site coordinator. She told us that she would call someone to drive LSD to help find her. Even huddled together with my wonderful rendition of "I Can't Fight This Feelin'", Danielle and I were freezing. We got picked up and still couldn't find her. They called off the search and took us back to my car. I was so happy that I had a mylar blanket in my trunk from a marathon.

And no worries, the woman who never made it back grabbed a cab and didn't finish her run. She's ok. And I ran a total of 12 miles (instead of 10).

No comments: