Saturday

March 14, 2009

OMG.

Seriously.

Ok, so today shouldn't have been this hard. In fact, it probably was the perfect day for a run. Almost no wind, clear blue skys, drunk people to entertain me... what more could I ask? Oh, how about for my gut to behave itself and not make me feel like there's a leprechaun tying it up in knots. Yeah, that would be great. Thanks.

The first half of the run wasn't bad. I was a little wheezy, but manageable. I knew something was up this morning and I was hoping I'd be ok for the run. Unfortuantely, I had to make a few stops in the bathrooms along the path (thank God, they're open now!) From North Ave. back to the start, it just wasn't good. I had horrible cramps. I struggled through mile 13. I hit 14 and went to the Galloway method I use when I'm feeling less than fab on a run. Run 60 walk 60. I can convince myself to run for 60 seconds. Then I get to walk. It's really what got me home. And I end up running the 60 faster than I would normally run, so it all balances out. Using this method, I still made it back at 3:06:24 which gives me an 11:40 average pace. Not too bad, considering.

I got back to the start and the Lung Power team was there. Yeah, the one that supports the Hustle up the Hancock. They had snacks!! While I have not yet partaken, they had CHEDDAR BUNNIES and SNACK PACKS!! How awesome is that?! Totally made the 16 miles worth it.

No comments: