Sunday

March 29, 2009

Welcome to Chicago, where it will snow on one of the last days of March. It won't be just a dusting, oh-no, it will be 3 inches of slush with 30 mph winds. And in that mess, will be an 8k; the supposed marking of the summer running season in Chicago.

Did I really want to roll out of my nice warm bed for that? Not really, but I paid my $40 bucks and wanted my free beer (and lets face it, I needed the training run). It's a good thing I did, because I ROCKED IT!!

Yeah, my feet were pretty numb (and cold and wet), and my legs felt like lead from my 19 mile training run yesterday. But I had a monster 3.5 minute PR of 51:35 (oh, why did I walk through the two water stops!!!) which is a 10:23 av. pace.

Clearly, my winter marathon training has paid off. Boo-YA!

No comments: