Tuesday

March 24, 2009

Yeah! I got in a mid-week work out! (Yes, it is possible!) I got home from work (a little stressed and frazzled) and I decided to run to the gym. I had mapped out a route that would add the mileage to get the mid-week long run taken care of. I was worried about time, so I cut out one of those miles. I ran from my house to Cicero and back (skipping the Portage loop) with a quick stop to grab my iPod that needed a little bit of a charge, and ran the rest of the way to the gym for a total of 5.2 miles.

I beat Hector there (I guess I could have ran around Portage once) and so I hopped on the treadmill for .6 mile until he got there. After a quick stretch, we did arms and core with only a little legs. He was kicking my ass today!

After that, I ran the 3.2 miles home. I was clearly tired, because the run home was much slower than my pace there. I also think I was running low on fuel. I hadn't run with a hydration belt, or taken any gu and I had been working out since 3:45 and it was after 6:00. I should have known better, because even when I run on the Lakefront Path, I have a shot blocks in that amount of time. So much for being stubborn. I do have to say the last 1/2 mile or so was pretty damn fast. I started feel some GI cramping and decided it was in my best interest to make it home quickly. I'll just leave it at that.

But in all, it was an hour of weight training and a total of 9 miles in 1:45:03

No comments: