Wednesday

June 17, 2009

Can you say "Binge Workout"?

I rode my bike to the gym...after all I've gotta get my tri training in. As I got there, I realized that I had a flat and no inner tube to change it. So...I went in and did my workout anyway.

I finished the ride on a stationary bike for a total of 6 miles. Next, I ran 3 (in 33:02) on the elliptical, followed by a 300 yard swim. I called Jack for a ride since my bike was flat and started the walk home. I made it about 2 miles when he caught up to me and drove me the rest of the way. We had a little sit down about changing bike tires...and turns out that the hole was at the valve, and even if I had tried to patch it, it probably wouldn't have worked. Jack also mentioned that he would be my biking buddy. Hooray for someone to go biking with!!

I headed in, took a quick shower and then headed out for a 6 mile run with Julia...why do I do such things to myself? We did that one fairly on pace at 1:12:56. We tried to go for icecream...too bad the ice cream nazis at DQ locked the doors at 9:58 (No ice cream for you!). We made do with McDonald's, but it just wasn't the same.

No comments: