Monday

February 20, 2012

No worky today! Thanks President's Day!

First of all, my hip flexors (think they're hip flexors...the tendons in the front of my hips...attaching thigh to pelvis) are so sore! Yep, that's from yesterday's Ab Ripper video. I know it's good for me. My core has been so weak since my injury.

Today I ran with Julie. I was worried that I was going to slow her down. I know she runs with Kris, and Kris is much faster than I am. But we ran a perfect pace together. We did 9 on the path in 1:43. It was a beautiful sunny day! It was really a perfect run. We even ran (not walked) over Wanda. I'm so glad we got the run in...perfect way to start the day!

I'm also excited that I've been averaging 11:30 for my runs. I'm not sure if I should move up pace groups for summer training or not. I don't want to kill myself to do 11:30, but I don't want to hold myself back at 12:00. It's definately something to think about. I know Keith will want me to lead again, but I have a few months to make my decision. I think that running with out a watch has helped. I'm not binding myself to a time, I'm just going with what my body wants. It's not as evenly paced as I used to be, but it is consistantly faster. We'll see!

No comments: