Tuesday

March 18, 2008

I know my ass has been dragging, but I was a rock star today!! I went back to Judy's gym and got on the elliptical thingy that they don't have at my gym. It seems like it mimics running closer than the precor. And let's face it, I like it because it's a little bouncy! :)

I can't believe I was able to do a run with negitive splits. Seriously, my first mile was 10, my second was nine and judging from my total time on the machine, I continued to maintain that pace. I did have to have some mental toughness towards the end, but I kept counting down on this shorter run, so the speed seemed to come easy.

I ran 5 miles in 43:55. That's AMAZING! I was a speed demon. Seriously, I hope I can do the Shamrock Shuffle in that sort of range. That would be awesome!

I just hope the machine is calibrated correctly, and that this time isn't a complete annomoly (It was an 8:47 minute mile, after all.) that will never happen again. WOO-HOO for personal bests!!

I also weighed myself on Judy's scale. It seems her scale is off by about ten pounds, because there is no way that I lost 9 lbs since Saturday. Granted I weighed myself right before the shower and wasn't wearing clothes, and at the doctor's office I was clothed...My clothes don't weigh ten pounds. True, I hope I've lost that much (let's face it, it would be a whole lotta awesome), it just doesn't seem very likely. But until I can confirm or deny on my own scale, I LOVE Judy's scale! :)

Looks like machines are miss calibrated in my favor today...maybe I should get a lottery ticket or something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.