Sunday

March 30, 2008

Ohmigawd...

I don't think I've ever been this sore or this tired.

Memo to me:

DO NOT RUN 15 MILES BEFORE ANY SORT OF RACE AND EXPECT TO FEEL GOOD AFTER IT! EVEN IF THERE IS FREE BEER!!
Thanks! Love, your Legs, Feet and Ass.

That being said I didn't do too bad at the Shamrock Shuffle. One problem was that I forgot to attach my chip to my shoe. I realized when I was walking down Michigan Ave. "SHIT!" was the first thing out of my mouth. Many turned around, but I stated what was the problem and they understood. There was no way to get it in time. I tried to look at the bright side, at least I still had my beer tickets.

I didn't notice the time at the start of the race but I imagine I can subtract 25 to 30 minutes from the finish clock of 1:23:0-something. So I'm figuring it took 50 and 60 minutes. That's not a huge PR time or anything, but it's respectable.

It was misty rainy and cold so I chug-a-lugged my beers and headed home. I missed Vicki, which I'm bummed about, but by the time I got her message I was already on the way home. I'm still proud of her for finishing.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

No worries... I tried calling you to let you know that I was too cold and not going to make it... so it's all good!
I'm sorry you're so sore... I only had to run 5 miles and I'm sore... stupid hills.
This spring when it's not so cold and rainy like today, we'll have to get together to run.
Feel better!

Bethie said...

Thanks!

Actually, I think part of the problem was that I hadn't eaten enough. Yesterday I only had a bag of Cliff Shot Blocks, a Cliff Shot, gatorade, a couple pieces of fruit and a Potbelly's Vegie Sandwich. I don't eat before runs--just had a balence bar and a banana today...so really it was my own fault. I felt much better after eating dinner.

Live and learn!