Thursday

April 16, 2009

I went to the gym and did a fast, easy 3 on the elliptical and then Hector proceeded to kick my ass. I was covered in Awesome Sauce. It was a tough leg work out. Stairs, weights, lunges, backwards lunges...

I'm also not making more friends at the gym. I was running up and down the stairs (skipping stairs, of course) with two 10 lb dumbbells over my head. After a few times I started to get tired, and this other trainer (not Hector, all though he was there) starts barking at me "Come on, Let's Go! Let's Go! Let's Go!" I stopped and turned and looked at him. I said "Are you yelling at me?" He looked at me wide eyed and said "Uh..." I let him have it. I told him "Excuse me! You don't yell at me. My own trainer doesn't yell at me. Your focus needs to be on her (the client he SHOULD have been working with). You DO NOT yell at me." And I continued running down the stairs. Yes, I wa struggling at that point and pushing myself. But yelling at me to work is not going to motivate me in anyway. Was I too harsh on him?

1 comment:

SuperJuls said...

I wouldn't worry about it. He's not your trainer. And if he was, he would know that you don't respond to yelling. Well, you DO respond to yelling, but it not by being more motivated. =)