Thursday

July 30, 2009

This morning I went for a run with Lynn. We still walked quite a bit and I'm concerned with how she'll do on the Marathon. I ran 3 miles with her (walked 1.5 ish) and then ran an extra mile on my own.

I also went for a bike ride with Jack and Danielle on the Lakefront path. It may have rained, but where it did there were no bugs. I'll take a nice summer rain over bugs any day! We did 30 miles in about 2:10. It was my longest training ride yet!

There was one minor mishap. Near Fullerton, along North Ave. beach my tire started to slip. I completely lost control of my bike and fell on to the sand. I tried to keep my balance, but went over the handle bars. Fortunately, it was sand and not concrete...because that could have been bad. I was pretty sandy and I got some road (sand?) rash. My right side (shoulder, hip and ankle) are a little sore too. Hopefully, that's my last spill for a while.

No comments: