Thursday

July 9, 2009

CFD-Run for the Kids 5k

This really is one of my favorite races...they made it just a little better by adding sandwiches! They already had Chipotle's chips and guac, but now they had Pocket's calzones!! (even vegetarian ones--woo!) Danielle and I ran this race to celebrate her birthday (Happy Birthday, Danielle!)

I managed to keep up with her for the first mile. However, the path was crowded and people don't know how to place themselves at the start of a race (annoying!!). I was weaving in and out of people. Then just after mile 1 we hit the CFD cadets running (and singing) in formation. I thought of Amy and said, I need to beat these guys and managed to pull a head of them. I felt pretty good through the first half and even completely passed the cadets before the turn around. I wish that I had it in me to push more in the second and third miles because while I PRed, I didn't make my goal of under 30 minutes. I am proud of my PR with a 30:44 and a 9:54 av. pace...that under 30 minute mark is just 45 seconds away!!

Good times!

No comments: