Monday

July 6, 2009

It's a tale of two workouts. This morning I was up at 4:30 to meet Melissa at 5:00 am on the Lakefront for a 10 mile ride. It's hard to explain to someone how to use the shifters on the bike when they have a different learning style. I kept using visual references and that did nothing for her. I've gotta work on that. We did 10 miles in about 44:00.

This evening I headed to the gym to run and possibly take a swim. However, the pool is closed until further notice. WTF?! It's July--the heart of tri season!! I made due with 5-ish (I think it was about 5, the machine actually said 7...) on the elliptical in 55:11. This makes up for that missed 4 miler and the mile that I'll miss for the 5k on Thursday. I really need to stop being neurotic (about food and working out), but that's probably not going to happen.

On another note, I tried one of the EAS protein shakes from the powder. Even though I used water to make it it still tasted good. That's the first protein shake where using water to make it didn't mix up to taste like crap. I do have the one proviso to add...use COLD water. Warm water makes it taste icky. Once I added ice to the shaker it tasted MUCH better. :)

1 comment:

SuperJuls said...

Hmmmm...chocolate protein shake...

I added strawberries to mine. Yummy!
...and yes, I hid in the kitchen to drink it so the kids wouldn't want a taste =)