Wednesday

July 8, 2009

I was so dreading my 7 mile run today. Julia wasn't able to run, it was a dreary sort of day, my parents came to town, I haven't had a rest day in a while...you know how it is. But I read Julia's blog, and she had gotten her 7 in, so that motivated me to get off my sorry butt and go for a run.

I decided that since my parents didn't have keys to my house, I would run to Home Depot on Grand between Nagle and Oak Park to get the keys made and run home. I think I just needed a goal, because once I got about a mile in to it, I started to feel pretty good. I made it to the Depot, and realized it's actually 3.6 miles away, so I ran up the side street to Diversey (don't wanna do more than I have to!). I made it back in 1:18:42, (11:15/mile pace). Not too shabby considering I just wasn't feeling motivated to run.

1 comment:

SuperJuls said...

Not shabby at all! Way to go! =)