Friday

June 21, 2007

The Jim Gibbon's Run

This race really seemed to kick start me back in to training for the 1/2 marathon. I went to the start line feeling good and ready to run! I hit the first mile marker at 11:20...and I felt AWESOME. Sure, compared to the elete, that blows, but I can see and feel the improvement running the 5K distance. The second mile was about 24:00 and when I got to the finish I was so crushed when I saw the time was registered 43:00!! How is it possible?!?! Sure, I had to walk for a little bit, but seriously? Almost 20 mintues for a mile? What the hell?!?! I could have walked it backwards faster. Any who...I got my free beer and listened to the Polkaholics, and got an autograph on my bib from a 1972 Olympic Gold Medalist.

Now, that the race results have been posted I'm a little sad to see that my results are listed under the name of Rachel Sierminski. I know this to be the case because she has two entrys and I have none, and one of the entrys is under my bib nimber. Not that it's her fault in anyway, shape or form...it just sucks, because I have a PR!! Yeah! The clock must have been running from the mens time, because my time was 37:10!! That's an 11:58 mile! I finially broke 12 minutes!

This has been a total confidace boost because I have a 10 mile race on Saturday. I decided to use it as a training run for the halfie...I've been paranoid all week that they were going to close the course on me for being slow! Now, I'm feeling better about doing it (but still a little scared they'll be picking up cones behind me :)) I'm hoping for under 2.5 hours...

No comments: