Sunday

June 24, 2007

Today was the Downers Grove 10 miler—and I rocked!!

Of course I was slower than most, but I didn’t get lapped until Mile 4…not bad! I finished the race in 2:05: ish (will update when times are posted). That’s a 12:30 mile pace. I was just happy to finish! But when I saw the finish clock, I was so happy with my time! This is the farthest distance I’ve ever run!

It was a course with some rolling hills. Some of them I needed to walk up (along with the water stops), but for the most part, I ran the majority of the race.

This race really makes me feel better about the half marathon. I just need to keep up with my training and I’m feeling pretty confidant I won’t embarrass myself!

And now, I’m so ready for next year’s Soldier Field 10 Mile! I want to do it because it finishes on the 50 yard line of my beloved Bears Stadium…I guarantee you, after I cross that finish line I’ll be making grass angels on the field! :)

Thanks, Barb for the countless pep-talks and awesome Running Mix!! I couldn’t have done it with out you! And thanks to Mom and Jack for waiting at the finish line to cheer me on…it got a little lonely out there!!

No comments: