Sunday

November 18, 2007

It was a cold day for a run--actually it wasn't so bad once the run got started. I warmed up as I ran the race. Today was the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot. I ran in to Molly at the race, she was running the 5K with her mom. It's always great to run into a friendly face!

I had my new Mizuno running gloves which I was certain wasn't going to work. They're a new technology, called Breath Thermo. This fabric is supposed to warm up when it gets wet from training sweat. I was skeptical of the process, but after 3 miles I had to take them off they were so warm. I tucked them into my sweatshirt, and could even feel the warmth through the under shirt. I'd recommend them and I think I'm going to invest in a few more pieces for my winter training runs. With that kind of heat and the temps in Chicago, this girl is sold on the fact that it would be completely worth it!

To make the day even better, I had a 10K PR!! 1:08:57 which is an 11:06 mile split. Taking 2:35 off of the previous 10K PR of a few weeks ago! To add to my personal victory, this race had finisher medals!! Who knew? I've never run this short of a race that had medals! Yeah, hardware!

I love that I'm becoming a stronger more consistent runner. These PR's are showing me that these training runs do pay off. Sure I'm still slow, but I'm still excited when I've done better than I ever have before. Can't wait for the 8K on Thursday. I know that I'll have another PR...the last 8K I did was Crazylegs waaay back in the spring. My new goal for the 8K: under an hour. BRING IT ON!! (Can you tell I have the runner's high?)

No comments: