Tuesday

November 6, 2007

Today was just a tough day. Too much crap--I probably should have stayed in bed. I told myself that I had to go to the gym and do at least one of my scheduled runs, even if Tuesday is usually my rest day.

I had settled on the 5 mile run, but was actually feeling pretty good. I hit the 5 mile mark on the elliptical at 58 minutes even. I was on the elliptical because I'm swollen today, again. Even my toes hurt. Anywho, I plowed through the last two miles just to get this weeks 7 miler out of the way and completed that in 25 minutes. Total mileage: 7 miles in 83 minutes (1 hour 23 minutes) at a 11.52 mile pace (not a bad pace for a 7 miler!) and 900 calories.

This pooling edema crap needs to get taken care of--I'm thinkin' a second opinion is in my very near future. I can't handle much more of this.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Found your workout blog! Woohoo!!! Hopefully reading your workouts will keep me inspired! And yes, I'd love a running buddy sometime... but I'm not running well enough yet to have a buddy! Maybe give me another month or so...
As for your edema... I'm assuming it's in your legs... have you gotten them wrapped or are you using Ted Hose? Lymphedema? I know I'm no doctor, but being in the medical world I might be able to help a bit... let me know...

Bethie said...

If this keeps you inspired, then game on!

The edema is all over. What are Ted Hose?