Friday

November 23, 2007

Late nights...Thanksgiving dinners...Beer...

Not the things that make a champion. But long training runs have to happen. Since I wasn't feeling it...I'm tired; it's cold outside; my hips are tight and sore; I ran my 9 mile long run for the week on the elliptical at the gym. It was the longest I've ever done on a machine, one hour and 48 minutes which gives me perfect 12:00 mile splits and 1140 calories burned.

What's that? How am I feeling? Tired, and although the elliptical is supposed to be easier on your body/joints, my hips (especially the right one) are crazy sore and tight. I would be eternally grateful if anyone I knew would help me to stretch them out. That would be awesome beyond reason. It's practically orgasmic just thinking about it. (Yes, they're that sore.)

Training for the Disney 1/2 Marathon really did seem like a good idea in March...

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I'm assuming it's your hip flexors that are tight... give me a call and I'll give stretches... you should have my number... all you gotta do is talk to your therapist friends ;-)