Saturday

February 9, 2008

Today's run was icy! It was nasty running on the snow that had melted and then refrozen as a thin sheet on the running path. The thicker ice was not any better, but at least you knew it was coming.

By the time we got to Randolph, the path that was south to Buckingham Fountian was deemed too dangerous to run on, so our 12 miler was cut short to 11 miles. I was happy, because running in that mess wasn't easy.

On the way back, I missed my group taking a water/bathroom stop at Navy Pier and I caught up with Lisa. She was a 9 minute mile pacer...she really pushed me for a few miles. I know she wasn't running a nine minute pace, but she kicked my ass! I stuck with her up through the last two miles and then I assed out. I was going pretty slow but I finished about 15 minutes before the rest of my group. It was nice that I pushed and got it done.

So, 11 miles in about 2:25 ish.

No comments: