Saturday

June 14, 2008

Today was my first day ever as a pace group leader. I was so nervous. I was worried I'd have to lead all by by myself. Thank goodness there were several others there!! Elaine's knee was bothering her, so she ran with the 12:00's. It really made me feel better to know that my old group leader was there...circle of life, I guess! It was a six mile run. My Garmin was pacing weird...I think I need to set it to average pace...I'm not sure. But, thanks to Maria's (other pacer) we had a perfect pace...1:12:05! I was so pumped!! We went to breakfast after the run, it was good to meet the new 12's. Good times!!

After a shoe shopping trip with Elaine, I created a 5 mile loop to the gym. I didn't like the stretch of Oak Park Avenue by Reed Center. I definitely won't take that stretch again. I swam 600 yards as 6 x 25 yard lengths with a minute rest in between. Tomorrow is the open water clinic...I hope it goes well!!

No comments: