Saturday

June 21, 2008

7 miles today, easy. I was pacing for the group, so it was fun. Elaine and I talked about our Tri plans for most of the run.

Elaine and I went to get our packets for our Tri. The expo was pretty good. I got my wetsuit! It was 20% off...awesome! If I do 3 or 4 tris with it, it would pay for the rental fees if I hadn't bought it. So I figure it was a good enough deal. I feel like a badass with my body markings...but it would be much cooler if the marker didn't smear so much!

I also was talking with someone today about my fears of drowning...he told me I shouldn't do the race then. I told him he was an asshole and that I didn't need my own fears reflected back at me. Allowing me to express them is wonderful, but don't reinforce them. I know I could drown. It's a possiblity. However, I know that I worked hard, I have a wetsuit and that it's bad publicity for the race if I do die. So the odds are, I'll finish. I just didn't need that the day before! How hard is it to give positive re-inforcement? Come on, people!

Wish me luck people! With any luck the next post you read will be written by a triathlete!

No comments: