Wednesday

June 18, 2008

Today I kicked ass! I ran 3 miles around the park and to Cicero and back. Later I went to the gym and worked out with Hector (Core) and did another 3 miles on the elliptical. After that I swam 4 sets of 8 lengths freestyle with 2 lengths backstroke as a rest between each set.

I also talked with hot stair climber guy...he brought me an article about this race in Colorado. It looks AMAZING. It's an 50 mile Ultra that crosses mountains, rivers and snow belts. He photocopied the pictures in color; I was blown away. Absolutely gorgeous! I was looking at the article thinking...."I wanna do it!" (Yet, another way to say "You know you're a crazy runner when...) He also mentioned the Men's Health Urban Challenge. I really want to do that race, it's basically an urban, longer version of the Muddy Buddy, but with out the bike. I was looking at that race before. I think it's the week after the marathon, but I've done crazier things...

I'm so happy I didn't say anything stupid this time (a Miracle!). I did drop my keys and he tossed them to me...too bad my uncoordinated self missed the catch and then picked them up looking about as graceful as a new born wildebeest. Yeah, that was awesome...I practically bolted to the locker room after that.

No comments: