Monday

June 16, 2008

I thought I had an appointment with Hector...turns out I missed his call canceling it. His mom's garage was broken into!! SCARY!

I talked with Hot Stair Climber Guy today! :) I feel like I was less stupid than the last time we chatted. (I still babble on about the stupidest things...what's wrong with me?!?!!). Anywho, he mentioned that the registration for Go Vertical had opened (I already registered), apparently it's supposed to close quickly, people are wanting to do it more than previous years...who knew? He asked me how running was going (I unfortunately babbled on about the marathon...ugh...SHUT UP BETHIE!!). He also mentioned the Run for the Kids (again--already registered--CHECK!!) and some endurance race in Colorado...it sounded really interesting. Someday, I'll stop acting like Rainman around him...maybe...if I'm lucky.

I ran 3 miles on the elliptical and then swam 4 sets of 6 freestyle with two laps of backstroke in between each set as a rest. So I did 200 yards backstroke, and a total of 600 yards of freestyle. Total swim time was 45 minutes. I really did try to work on form today. I think that I have the endurance to do the distance, ('cuz I'm stubborn), but I need to work my form so that I can be more efficient.

I'm getting closer to being able to swim a 1/2 mile in the pool. That's really good because I did something stupid...I registered for the Naperville Triathlon on Sunday. EEK!! It's because I'm a metal whore. Here's hoping I don't drown...I just have to think positive thoughts, right?

No comments: