Sunday

May 31, 2009

Minneapolis Marathon!

It was a beautiful day for a race! This was such a pretty course, it started just out side the Depot Hotel (let me tell you, just walking out your door to run a race is AWESOME!).

I was doing so well, my pacer was awesome. I stayed with her until mile 15 through hills and all. The problem? Ft. Snelling and the forest of pollen. I just couldn't maintain. (Seriously, check out those splits!)

I walked/ran with some women for another mile and a 1/2 and then by 17 completely bonked. I was in tears until I got out of the scary lonely forest. And some paramedics wanted me to quit (bastards). But I saw Dan and got a hug and he walked with me for about a mile.

Around mile 20, I heard a familiar voice... none other than Larry Macon! I stayed with him and finished the race with this running legend. It really was awesome to talk with him for the end of the race--definitely made the bonk worth while!

I did finish sub 6:00, and I'm a little relieved that I don't have another marathon for a few months.

bib number: 1237
overall place: 1150 out of 1201
division place: 89 out of 91
gender place: 496 out of 524
time: 5:56:51
pace: 13:37
15 k: 1:49:19
16 m: 3:11:02
gun time: 6:01:21

No comments: