Sunday

September 30, 2007

This morning was the Fall in to Fitness 5k. The bounus? It started at Portage Park. It was so nice to not have to drive to the race. I loved the race route running past my house! :)

It was a beautiful morining for a run! I finished in 37:13, with an 11:59 split. Not bad, but not good either. I need to learn to run faster, it seems my peek was in about July. I don't know what I did differently--I'm hoping it's only due to my recent weight gain, rather than me sucking.

I also sent in my form for a CARA participation award! I'm so proud that I qualify, who knew in my first year running?! I didn't have the 107k in CARA races (only CARA races count), but I did have a 1/2 Marathon (Chicago Distance Classic), a 10 miler (Downers Grove 5 & 10 Miler), 10k (Run for the Zoo), and 5k (Chicago Firefighter's Run for the Kids). I know I ran more than just CARA races, but it's still nice to know I did it!

No comments: