Wednesday

September 17, 2008

Getting motivated wasn't easy this afternoon. John was supposed to run with me, but he bailed (seems to be par for the course--he's a Cross Country coach, how could he have a 'football emergency'?!). I still also have that big ol' knot in my thigh. Starting out with a limp doesn't help things. I found it difficult to stay on a 12:00 pace. I ended upi getting a late start this afternoon.

But get out your maps for this route: I ran west to Narragansett, then back to Melvina. I headed south to Riis park and ran around it (FYI--it's 1.2 miles around) and then continued down Wrightwood to Austin and turned south to Fullerton. I ran east along Fullerton to Menard turning left and staying on Menard until I got to Lawrence. Once I got to Lawrence, I headed east again to Milwaukee and turned south to Sunnyside where I cut over to Laramie. Finally I took Laramie to Berteau and then ran home.

Total 10 miles in 2:03:12 (12:20/mile pace). I guess it's not too bad considering my massive knots!

2 comments:

SuperJuls said...

Not bad at all! That's great! I hope I can do just as well on my run tomorrow! =)

Bethie said...

I think you got up early this morning, I hope your run went well!