Tuesday

September 2, 2008

Feet=Still Blistery
Body=Sore
Sinuses=Stuffy
Weather=Hot and Humid

Irregardless, I went to the gym. I knew I needed to power through my work out. I reasoned that the faster I got it done, the faster I could go home. I did the first mile easy, then played a game with myself on the elliptical; keep the strides per minute above 180 and try to stay on your heels (to avoid 'running' on my blisters).

It worked. I did my 5 miles in 53:44 which breaks down to a 10:45 average mile.

(PS, I still could use a volunteer to foam roller me!)

2 comments:

SuperJuls said...

Bethie=AWESOME

Bethie said...

Aw, thanks for the vote of confidence...What I didn't blog was that I was asleep before the 4th inning of the Cubs game was over (probably around 8:30). And by 'asleep' I mean: 'out cold, drooling on my pillow, could have woken the dead before I even moved.'

When did I get old? :)