Sunday

September 28, 2008

I headed to the gym this morning to make up my 8 miles that I didn't do earlier in the week. Again, my thigh was sore; and again, it took 4 miles to warm up. I ended up running about a 12:30 pace, but sometimes you just need an easy day. I don't know what's the deal with my leg. I'm hoping the taper will help it to rest and recover before the marathon.

As I'm talking about rest (ha ha) I realized that I was so close to the 150 mile mark for the month. I've never run 150 miles in a month! I looked at the remaining training runs, I had today's 8 miler, and the runs for next week, the highest being a 6 and a 4. I was one mile short of 150!! (Actually .7, but close enough!!). What's a girl to do? Just be content with 149 miles? Not this chickie--I made today 9 miles (in 1:52:45), and then I plan to do the 6 and the 4 Monday and Tuesday and make it happen--150 for September, here I come!!

No comments: