Saturday

September 27, 2008

I totally over slept this morning, but I made it in time because Ryan Hall was speaking to our running group. It was a little disheartening when he said that he can't imagine running for four hours (grrr!). He did go for a run....and passed us on the path. Twice. But at least I can say I high fived and then got my ass kicked by an Olympian.

I was super sore when the run started, but about 4 or 5 miles in my quad started to loosen up. I was hurting at first, but fortunately, it worked itself out. I felt fine by the end of the run. We did 12 miles in 2:23:25. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. It's encouraging for me to make up my 8 miles!

I also saw Big John running in a race in Lincoln Park. I stopped to cheer him on and then caught my group just as they were leaving the water stop. I hope he's ready for the marathon, I haven't heard from him lately.

No comments: