Friday

July 12, 2007

Today was the Niketown Bastille Day run. I thought I was going to have company for it, but it didn't work out. The race shirt was awesome--a red Nike Dry-Fit. It's almost as cool as the Run for the Zoo shirt.
I was a bit worried about this race...first I haven't trained well, and I still have blisters. Secondly, I forgot my iPod and inhailer, and had to go back for them and felt rushed getting down there. Finally, at the start I bumped in to one of the Best Men from Kim's Wedding. It was nice to see him and all, we had the small talk chit-chat, but then he said "I didn't see you at A's BBQ." That's because I wasn't invited. It was not only hard to say that, but I know it's been a year since I've seen or spoken with Kim. It's so hard because I wish I knew what I did that was so awful for her not to speak to me. Even if it was un-fixable, I just want her to know that I would never do anything to hurt her or her family. But I can't appologize for something I didn't know that I did. I guess on the off chance she reads this, I hope that she calls. I do miss her. Anywho, the point being, that shook me up.

Suprisingly, I really did have an AWESOME race!! I blew my old PR out of the water by almost 6 minutes! I guess with everthing I just took off and found my zone. I finished in 31:55, that's a 10:18 split! I was so excited with my time. I just hope that with the rest of my races I can keep up that pace.

1 comment:

Bethie said...

oh, yeah. BTW--This race was actually found to be .1 short. I guess my new PR doesn't count. :P