Friday

July 19, 2007

Today was the Firefighter's Run for the Kids 5K (I'm still not sure which kids, but as Damita may remember "It's for da kidz!). On the walk there, I had a conversation with another runner named Chris. I wasn't sure where the ran began, but since he had run it for the last 5 or 6 years, I followed him to the start point. He completely led me astray! It was only a matter of turning left where we should have turned right, so it's not as if we ended up another zip code or anything. We did get there with pleanty of time to streach, but taking the road less traveled involved climbing over the 7 foot iron fence surrounding Soldier Field.

After turning the 5K into a steeple chase, it was a fairly nice run. The first half was into the wind, but not horrible. I ran a perfect 35:00. Not a PR, but I don't think I could get an even 35 minutes again if I tried! There was beer and guac at the finish line (I think all runs should finish with beer and guacamole!), so I hung out until I got too chilly.

Good race! Time to pack for Utah...

No comments: