Monday

July 16, 2007

I haven't been doing much lately. I had an awful, conflict filled weekend (don't worry, there were some highlights...even on the darkest days there's light!), but I didn't do much along the lines of working out or training. I still have that one HUGE blister on my heel. It's not so much of a blister as an open festering sore (gross, I know. Try living with it!!). I really want it to heal, but I also know that the Chicago Distance Classic is less than one month away!!

Hector couldn't make it today, so I headed to the gym for 4 miles on the eliptical (hoping to take some pressure off the blistered foot). I started with 20 minutes on the stair machine. That was a total of 100 floors and 250 calories. Then I did the 4 miles on the elipical. It was a 12 minute pace with the resistance set at 15 and I burned 500 calories.

On a side note, I looked back at the 2/16/07 post (exactly 5 months to the day) and realized on that day I climbed 80 floors in 20 minutes. Look at me goin' with my bad self!! If I can get in to do the Hustle next year I know I'll beat my goal of under 30 minutes!!

No comments: