Tuesday

August 12, 2008

My quads were a little tight today...probably a combination of the race on Sunday and biking yesterday.

Anywho, I started out wanting to run my 4 miles at my race pace, but as usual my pace per mile on the GPS is a little slow (I really need to check the Garmin web site or take it to the store and figure it out) and I ended up running a 10:39 for my first mile. I felt good, so I tried to keep it up. It was difficult with the GPS not being accurate, but the fact that it was 'running slow' really helped me push myself. I did 4 one mile repeats.

I did my 4 miles in 42:13 which is a 10:34 average. I'm pumped that my last mile was the fastest; Mile 1--10:38, Mile 2--10:50, Mile 3--10:44, and Mile 4--9:57. I really need to push myself on these short runs more often!

No comments: