Sunday

August 31, 2008

Coast to Coast Challenge: Complete!

Today was the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon! It actually was cool and over cast for the run...very nice running weather. We dressed as Minnie Mouse (so fun!) There was a lot of running on the streets of Anaheim. We ran around and through the parks, over to the Honda Center (home of the Ducks) and Angel Stadium then back to finish in Downtown Disney.

Unfortunately, my feet were killing me. My shoes were at about 275 miles, and I thought I could make them last...not so much. They also gave me awful blisters. The balls of my feet under the callouses and on my toes... the ones on my toes actually ripped open. I also have killer shin splints. Needless to say, my shoes are dead, I left them in California--I never wanted to see them again!

Barb and I also took pictures with the characters as we ran...(as soon as she sends them to me, I'll post them) and finished in 2:39:56 which works out to a 12:13 average mile pace. And at the finish, we got the HUGE castle medals and the Coast to Coast Challenge medal--Yeah Disney!!

No comments: