Saturday

January 10, 2009

I'd like to say: "Holy Shit-balls!@" or "Welcome to Winter in Chicago!"

This morning was a 7 mile long run on the Lakefront Path. While the parking lot wasn't plowed, the path was fairly clear (and by fairly I mean all but about a 1/2 mile total). I also have to thank Jack for letting me borrow his truck...with out it I surely would not have made it out of the parking lot in my car!

The people in my group were total troopers! I'm so proud. The way back was tough. It was into the wind with the snow pelting our faces (my cheeks are definitely wind burned). It's much easier to run with a group when it's like this. If it wasn't for the group, I would have said "screw it, I'm going to the gym!" We finished on pace; it was a tough run, but we all made it!

No comments: