Tuesday

January 6, 2009

Well, the ellipticals that are off have finally driven me to the treadmill. This is probably a good thing, because it will make me a better runner than using the elliptical. Who knew?

I also have to rant. I hate this time of year at the gym. I actually had to wait for a treadmill. Now if my gym were always this crazy busy, I'd have no problems with this and adjust my work out time accordingly. But it's all the resolution people who are big fakers that are taking up my machines. I know most of them will be gone by mid-February. If this was a complete lifestyle change, then fine. Use the machines. But those who indulged during the holidays and now feel the need to take up my space...what the crap! Stop kidding yourself. Just go home and sit on your couch and get out of my way.

I did a quick negative split run on the treadmill (yeah me!). I started at 11:31 and cut it down to 11:19 at about 3/4 of a mile. I ran the next 1.25 miles at this pace and bumped it up to 10:54 for the finish with a little faster at the end. I finished my 3 miles in 33:24.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I totally agree! I hate all those posers! And... there are a lot of college students at my gym too until they go back to school (which should be soon!)... I hate when they just stand around and lazily "work" on the machines. UGH! It drives me crazy. I dread going to the gym this time of year. The only reasons I'm go are 1. I have a trainer that will kick my butt if I don't, 2. I have to be getting back into my training schedule, and 3. it's too damn cold outside to run!

Bethie said...

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking it!!