Sunday

July 27, 2008

Glenview Triathlon!!

Can you say "Kickin' ass and takin' names"? Oh yeah! I felt really good about this tri! I came in 12th in my age group!!

The swim portion was 300 yards, in a pool. How awesome is that! I'm a master at pushing off the walls. It really helped me out--I actually passed 5 people! I learned that trick from Pete...he's a genius! I really used it to my advantage and finished in 6:30.

When I was running to transition, I heard "BETHIE!!!" and realized that Tina and Pete were there watching the race! I'm sooo pumped that they came out to watch. It really meant a lot to me to have 'fans'!

I did the ten mile bike in 35:26 (also a kick ass time!) and then headed to the run. The first 1/2 mile of the run, my legs were complete jelly. I really couldn't get my legs. But I finished the 5k with perfect 12 minute splits. I really wanted to run it faster than 37:00, but 12 minute miles are completely respectable in my book (especially since I'm the 12 minute pacer!!).

Here's the break down:
average time: 1:14:19
overall Place: 270
age division place: 12/16
gender place: 106/162
Finish Time: 1:22:27
Swim Time: 6:30
Transition 1: 1:51
Bike Time: 35:25
Transition 2: 1:21
Run Time: 37:23

No comments: