Tuesday

July 29, 2008

Today I had a wonderful treat! I took Pepper running along the Lakefront path! I never make the time to do this during the week. And Laura lives close enough that now I can do it! I walked a half mile to the path with Pepper (so that she could do her business first). Then we ran south along the path. Aside from races, I've never run past McCormick Place on the Lakefront Path. It's really pretty and quiet--not crowded like the North side at all.

After our run, we walked back (stopping for the paper and an iced Thai coffee) and I did some Yoga for 20 minutes.

Later in the afternoon, I borrowed Laura's bike and rode up to Ohio Street Beach (there and back 6.5 miles. I had heard that there was an area for lap swimming. I got into my wet suit and headed out. I was feeling pretty good at the quarter mile marker so I swam to the next one. That's when I realized that I could neither see or touch the bottom. I headed back and was getting tired by the time I hit the first marker. I asked one of the lifeguards what the distances were, and he said that each marker was a quarter mile. That means for the first time, I swam a whole mile!! I was tired, and I did have to stop for a few rests, but I did it--in open water too! I'm not sure how long it took me to do it, but I made it! Yeah me! I know there was the guy who lapped me 3 times (ok, at least twice)--but for me this tiny victory is exciting! And it was all freestyle--no backstroke panics! Yeah!

Total Pepper walking today: 1.5 miles.

No comments: